Topshop Lips in Charmed & Crystal


Topshop's latest collection for Spring has been out for a while now, and it is called Sisters Of The New Moon. Sisters Of The New Moon consists of 2 lip products, a mascara, an eye liner, 4 nail polishes and nail stickers. I have only purchased 3 pieces from the collection so far, and I am still undecided as to whether I should go back for some of the nail colours.


First I want to talk about the two lip products in the collection. I think the exterior packaging is well made and eye catching. I personally adore the illustrations. I think they are fun and whimsical without being tacky or childish, and it's almost a shame to throw the boxes away to be honest.


The lipsticks are in the usual lightweight yet sturdy plastic packaging of other Topshop lipsticks, but this time dressed in silver and decorated with irregular polka dots and swirls on the base.



The Enchanted Lip Stick in Charmed is a creamy tangerine orange that, on my pigmented lips, sheers out to be a little less frighteningly bright. The Magical Lip Tint in Crystal swatches a sheer glossy pink with the odd flecks of glitter. Crystal is definitely a lipstick that depends upon the wearer; on me it eventually builds up to a hot pink, but I have read reviews by bloggers who say that Crystal didn't show up at all on their lips so YMMV. Both colours wear about average on me, Crystal has a slight staining effect so it wears a little longer, but I still need to top up after 3-4 hours.


A close up shot of Crystal. I know a few brands (Clarins and Maybelline comes to mind) have made similarly bright translucent lipstick bullets but I have yet to find ones with glitter pieces in them. Despite how chunky it looks in the bullet, the glitter pieces barely show up on the lips, and do not feel gritty or irritating in any way.

Topshop Sisters Of The New Moon Collection is available online & in stores. The two lip products costs £9 for 3.5g.


P.S I am thinking about going back to including lip swatches (as well as arm swatches) for lipstick reviews like I used to. Please let me know if you would like to see lip swatches for lip products in the future, or if it doesn't make a great deal of difference to you. I know some people find lip swatches gross to look at so if they are only going to make you feel nauseated, I would rather not waste my time on them yanno? :P

31 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for someone to review these! Thank you. I love the lip swatches too; yours are pretty good and don't make me feel sick at all haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, the packaging is lovely! I really need to try Topshop makeup! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topshop have some lovely pieces, you should definitely give them a go some time!

      Delete
  3. I like the Topshop MU range so I'll have to check these out.

    Keep the lip swatches, they're very useful IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Nazia :)

      Delete
  4. Crystal looks lovely xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more charmed by how it looks than how it applies tbh.

      Delete
  5. They look lovely - can't wait for this collection to arrive here in Scandinavia! I think your lip swatches are great, and if it isn't too much of a hassle, can you please include a shot of your bare lips next time? I can't understand the people who find lips swatches gross - they are much more accurate than swatches on the arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Kat, I will try to include it next time!

      Delete
  6. I think Charmed would be a good way to introduce oneself to orange lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the look of orange lips but full blown orange doesn't look right on me personally.

      Delete
  7. Your lip swatches are perfectly fine to me! I always prefer lip swatches as opposed to arms swatches, they're more accurate than arm swatches like Kat mentioned. The only way your lip swatches could be gross is if you pursed your lips and made them all duck-ish! *shivers at the thought*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're right. I have encountered some gross looking lip swatches and sometimes I wish they hadn't included them so I wouldn't have that image seared into my brain.

      Delete
  8. Lip swatches are fine! I very nearly bought Crystal a little while ago but had no idea how it would translate on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's definitely more of a gimmicky lipstick but it gives my lips a lot of colour so I don't regret purchasing it. Some people have been disappointed by it though...

      Delete
  9. The packaging is indeed lovely. I think both look lovely on you (lip swatches are great for lipsticks since they give a more accurate representation of how a colour looks when worn), and it's good to hear the glitter in Crystal wasn't gritty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, thank you for your feedback :)

      Delete
  10. I think lip swatches are more useful than arm swatches! Never heard of anybody thinking they're gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I used to frequent MUA boards and some member would complain about lip swatches haha. I'm glad you find them useful though, that seems to be the general consensus.

      Delete
  11. But the bullet of crystal is so pretty...that's usually enough for me to make a purchase (if there are available in US).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *love* lip swatches! Do consider including a natural lip though, so readers can gauge how colour translates from bullet to lip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep that in mind for the future, thank you for your feedback Rachel!

      Delete
  13. Thank you! I say do it, definitely! Flowers are such a common sticker that you should have no problem finding a set that will work for you. Just make sure you don't get gems like I did. ;) I would love to see the finished mani if you decide to do it! It seems like such a cool idea.
    bullet stickers

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful pics and swatches - that chrystal ipstick looks ahhhmazing - funny how the glitter pieces don't actually show up on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I really love this collection and feel silly having never seen it before! Lovely blog, I'm now a follower :)

    I have a great discount available for my readers on my blog for a fashion website. Please do check it out:

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    Tia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never tried orange lip stick, I used to think it would not look right but your pics make it look fab. Do you just apply a thin coat or does it not matter?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post and this cosmetic product is really good, thanks for sharing with us.

    Visit for Inglot cosmetics http://www.majorbrands.in

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the orange lipstick!

    www.sonibear97.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.com/user/sonibear97

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the color. Very unique and can only suit certain people I think. It suits you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...