Nails of The Day : Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream


Mermaid's Dream is one of Deborah Lippmann's new shades for Spring. In the UK, her glitter polishes are more expensive than the non-glitters (£16 vs £14). I loved how this polish looked in the promotional shots, and I love how it looks in the bottles, but I am not sure whether this suits me/my colouring or not hm...


I used 2 coats here but I think it would have benefited from another. The polish is difficult to describe; it is a base of sheer seafoam green with green & gold micro-glitter, and larger blue glitter pieces - it definitely needs a top coat to smooth out the grittiness of all the glitter. No complaints with the formula or application however.


I also purchased On The Beach which is another new shade for Spring. I was so surprised that I was able to find these already because I am still waiting for my local House of Fraser to stock Lara's Theme from the previous(?) collection. I wonder why I haven't seen that polish in stores yet.

18 comments:

  1. These are so lovely - I love blues, I really want to get my hands on some of these now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Deborah Lippmann polishes :)

      Delete
  2. I just bought my first glitter polish last week from essence and I'm loving the whole trend! The deborah lippman one looks gorgeous the name is very fitting too :) And I think it really suits you! Would look nice on toes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish for Essence to be sold here. They seem to have some lovely nail polishes.

      Delete
  3. OMG I want this, it looks gorgeous xx

    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really very unique, I can't think of anything like it at all.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty combo. Isn't this polish great?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Deborah Lippmann makes some amazing colours :)

      Delete
  5. On an unrelated note... you have lovely cuticles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I always feel like well groomed cuticles are one of those things that people would never notice/point out 'in real life' :P

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! So perfect for hot summer days. I feel the perfect temps just by looking at this polish, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh don't remind me of such bliss.. I've still got the heating on full blast!

      Delete
  7. I think it suits you just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it makes my skin look a bit sallow but perhaps that's just because of the weather here in the UK

      Delete
  8. It looks perfect for pool time! (And your application is so clean as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been lemming this for several weeks now! Thanks for the excellent pics. You should definitely try Essence nail polishes too if you get a chance. Their range is incredibly wide for a budget beauty brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haru. I want to try Essence so badly but it's only widely available in mainland Europe (I think?) I have never any Essence products here in the UK unfortunately.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...