Deborah Lippmann Glitter in The Air & L'Oreal French Riviera


Glitter In The Air was released a while back but I never got round to using it until recently. As much as I adore Deborah Lippmann nail polishes, I was a little underwhelmed by its sheerness after reading various posts on this particular colour, and I had been waiting until I could find the perfect base colour to capture exactly how Glitter In The Air looks in the bottle.


This is where French Riviera (601) comes in. It is a pretty baby blue with darker blue micro-shimmer, and reminds me of a Chanel nail polish (Riva) released a few years ago. In the bottle, the shimmer gives off this reflective blue sheen but it doesn't really translate to the nails, and unfortunately my camera isn't good enough to be able to capture the delicate micro-shimmers that is there.

I had to use 3 generous coats to get an opaque coverage but I wasn't patient enough inbetween which explains why it looks a little patchy on certain fingers. French Riviera is from L'Oreal's new Color Riche Nails range, and I have to say I am very impressed with all the shades I have picked up so far. The only downside is how small they are (5ml) I ended up using about 1/8th of the bottle for this one manicure.


This is with two additional coats of Glitter In The Air. It's not exactly how it looks in the bottle (a little too dark) but I am really happy with the combination.

Deborah Lippmann Luxurious Nail Colours are available in store and online at House of Fraser for £14-16.
L'Oreal Colour Riche Nails can be found in stores and online at Boots and Superdrug, as well as some leading supermarkets for £4.99.

29 comments:

  1. Oh, that's beautiful. I'm very tempted by Glitter in the Air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace! I agree it is super pretty (as are most DL glitters let's face it) but VNL annoys me too much to wear the colour alone.

      Delete
  2. I really like that shade of blue! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I never used to like pastel shades too much but I've embraced them over the past few years since they always seem to be a trend each spring/summer.

      Delete
  3. that blue is GORGEOUS!!!

    http://www.hellomissniki.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a coincident, essie buttom just painted a similar color combination. I guess everyone is feeling the summer. And a light blue+ glitter combo is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I feel like these sorts of colours are repromoted Summer after Summer so it's inevitable to end up with one, or two, or a dozen ;)

      Delete
    2. I rushed to buy glitter in the air after I saw this post.

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous, this combination is just too pretty. Very whimsical :) Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm a fan of your blog! Your manicure looks fantastic, if only I could paint my nails as well as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh it looks so cute and pretty!! Reminds me of cotton candy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh now you've made me crave cotton candy!!

      Delete
  8. I looove how it came out on your nails :) Its funny - I was browsing for the Loreal French Riviera pictures on google trying to see what I can with this nail varnish, since I got it couple of days ago, and I already DL Glitter in the Air. When I saw your picture - I was sold. First time on your blog today. Going to do some research after I am done writing this post. :)
    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're welcome, I hope you enjoy both colours :D

      Delete
  9. You paint your nails so beautifully- the first picture where you just have the Loreal on makes me swoon in admiration. What is your secret? Do you get manicures regularly to maintain your nail shape, or do you DIY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you An! I always paint/maintain my own nails, I've only ever had them professionally 'cared for' once and I didn't enjoy the experience at all.

      That being said, I don't really have any tips or secrets to share. I just use a generous amount of cuticle oils/creams on my nail beds after I remove the nail polish and that's more or less all I can be bothered to do.

      Delete
  10. i love this! x

    www.katblogsyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like those fresh spring color combined with big glitter! Nice color, wonderful topcoat! Thanks for sharing with us♥

    Anna from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and this cosmetic product is really good, thanks for sharing with us.

    Visit for Inglot cosmetics http://www.majorbrands.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so prettyyyyy!!!!!

    xx
    http://covetingnow.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...